Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Birthday invitations

Hello!  I mentioned in my last post that my SIL asked me to make 30 birthday invitations for my BIL's 40th birthday on a Friday, and BTW, she needs them by the next Friday.  And there were very specific rules - no black and no snarky "40" comments.  Oh and nothing fun and make sure to stress that it's a surprise.  Chris is a chaplain in the Army, so I decided to go for a patriotic theme.



This is what I came up with - a pocket card.  I think they turned out pretty well.  Thanks, Linda, for your help.....it is really appreciated!!

Stamps - Stars and Swirls - thanks, Andrea, for loaning me this set!
Punches - oval, 1 3/8" circle, hole punch, and scallop oval
Ribbon - SU red gingham
Paper - PTI white (awesome paper - my personal favorite!), SU real red
Ink - SU's real red, pacific point, barely banana
The wording was done in Word.

Andrea, Linda and I are going to an advanced Zindorf workshop on Saturday.  We are really looking forward to it!  The three of us took her beginner class last year.  Michelle is a fantastic talent and travels around the country teaching her brayering, sponging, shading, and highlighting techniques.  It was a lot of fun, and we really learned how to brayer.  Check out her gallery on SCS or her blog where she is generous enough to give tutorials  - she has 435 of them - on the cards in her gallery.  Here is the first card we made last year. 


The colors are so much better than this picture shows, but you can get the general idea. We'll be sure to share our creations.

I hope all is well with you.  'Til next time...........

No comments:

Post a Comment