Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas...some chatter.....and a project

Honestly, I must be the worst blogger (or co-blogger) on the world wide web! It's been a very long time since I've been on here.  Here are some highlights of the past couple months.

We went to Lake Placid for Labor Day (I know, right??) and had a wonderful time. We went sunset kayaking on Mirror Lake with my SIL. We walked there from her house.  The picture is my husband and me in one kayak......something I do NOT recommend! 

How beautiful is that??


Ocean City was so much fun!  I should've thanked everyone then for a great time and awesome projects....but I didn't.  Please accept my very late thanks to those of you who were there.  We couldn't have asked for a nicer group of ladies to try out an OC getaway on.  Andrea and I learned a lot and are looking forward to next year being bigger and better.

I was invited last Friday to a Christmas party with some co-workers, and the wife of a co-worker, who is an SU demonstrator, gave my friend Linda a licorce stick in one of the SU cellophane bags with a Santa face topper.  We thought....we can do that.....let's do it tonight!  So Linda, my sister and I got together last Friday around 4pm to make some of these:

My sister, Kelly, wanted to make 20 to give to her co-workers, Linda wanted 15, and I wanted 15.  That's a grand total of 50.  What the heck were we thinking???  Did you ever look at a project and think "how hard can it be??" and then SIX hours later want to scream?  Kelly left at 8:30pm for a hot date, and Linda hung in there until 10pm.  Linda's and Kelly's were finished, and we had the Santas put together for mine.  I finished them Sunday evening.  Whew.....that was a job but totally worth it when I gave them to friends and got their reactions.  Here are my 15:

So that about catches you up.  I hope you and yours have a very safe, happy and healthy holiday, and  I hope your coming year is filled with many blessings and lots of laughter and, of course, stamping.

Merry Christmas!!
Lisa





No comments:

Post a Comment