Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cards and stuff

Hi!  I want to share something my niece, Kate, made for my office door.  I got a good laugh out of it.  She's eight, so I think that makes it even funnier.

Notice where the arrow is pointing.  :0)
Now for a couple cards.  My husband had to send thank you cards to his family for his birthday gifts.  This is the card I made for him.  If I do say so, it turned out really well. 


I pretty much cased it from here.  I love vdutchr's cards; this isn't the first one I've cased or taken inspiration from.  I used PTI's white cardstock and Turning a New Leaf stamp for the leaf, and the sentiment was a "thank you" from Verve that came with an order I placed.  I used Staz-On black and Memento's cottage ivy and summer(?) sky.  The blue border is brocade blue punched with an SU punch.  I think that's everything that went into it.

My other card is a sympathy card for a co-worker. 


Inspiration for this one was taken from this card.  I like how she made the flower vine into a square.  I got tired of coloring the stamp so settled for two of them.  I used rich razzleberry and old olive, coloring the stamp with the matching SU marker.

BTW, Andrea's tangles are awesome, aren't they?? I took the same class and didn't come out that talented! I really enjoyed the class, but I think I'm too ADD to sit and doodle for the time it takes to complete one.  My mind goes a thousand miles an hour, and I forget to relax.  Plus there is a lot of freedom in zentangling, and I tend more toward structure, so it's hard to just go with the flow.  Maybe one day..........

I hope all is well with you.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment