Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thank you card

My SIL's best friend and neighbor moved from NJ to AL.  She lived in a McMansion, was moving to a much smaller ranch home, and needed to seriously downsize.  She gave me 5 moving boxes full of stamp stuff....everything from many, many stamp pads, tons of paper, stamps, a Xyron (I think I'm most excited about that!), and two Pier One tower storage thingies.  And she just gave it all to me!  When my husband and I picked up everything from her house, she said if there is anything else we were interested in, let her know.  Well, I've been looking for arm chairs for my living room for a while now.  She had two in her dining room that were exactly what I was looking for.  I asked her what she wanted for them, and she gave them to me, too.  How very generous!!!  Anyway, the point of all this rambling is that here is the card I made for her.....


I used 5th Avenue floral with the re-inker spread technique, real red, old olive, and black.  I embossed the rose in white on shimmer paper, then sprayed the paper until the water pooled, touched my aqua painter from a drop of real red to the pools of water.  It's fun to watch the ink spread!  The leaves are CB'd with the SU leaf embosslit, and the black is CB'd with the swiss dots folder.

Hope you are having a great weekend!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment